The Keto Pesto Chicken Caprese Salad is an ideal dish to enjoy on a hot summer day. This vibrant salad not only tantalizes the taste buds but also offers a nutritional balance that complements the season perfectly.
The grilled chicken not only provides a substantial amount of protein but also adds a smoky depth to the dish. Additionally, the creamy avocado contributes a healthy amount of nourishing fats, while the juicy tomatoes, creamy mozzarella, and aromatic basil pesto come together to create a symphony of refreshing flavors, making each bite a delightful experience in the heat of summer.
Kitchen Equipment Needed
- Grill or Grill Pan
- Cutting Board
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Spoons
- Salad Serving Plate or Bowl
- 1-pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, grilled and sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- Salt and pepper to taste
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- Warm up your grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Use olive oil to coat the chicken breasts, and if you want, add a little spice.
- Grill or pan-grill the chicken breasts for 5 to 7 minutes on each side, or until they are cooked all the way through and have a light char.
Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes after taking it off the heat before cutting it into small pieces.
- Put the sliced chicken, avocado, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese in a large bowl and mix them together slightly.
- Pour the basil pesto over the salad, making sure it covers all the items evenly.
- Season with salt and pepper, making changes as needed to suit your tastes.
- Gently toss the salad to make sure that all of the ingredients are properly mixed with the pesto dressing.
- Move the salad to a pretty bowl or plate so that the bright colors can stand out.
- Add more basil leaves as a garnish for an extra burst of flavor and a nicer look.• Serve right away and enjoy the feast of tastes that comes together with each bite.
- For a richer avocado flavor, choose ripe avocados that yield slightly to gentle pressure.
- Select vine-ripened tomatoes for enhanced sweetness and juiciness.
- Use fresh, high-quality mozzarella cheese for a delicate and milky flavor.
- Homemade basil pesto adds an authentic and vibrant taste to the salad.
- Enjoy this salad alongside a side of low-carb bread or crackers for a satisfying and complete meal.
- Calories: 450
- Fat: 30g
- Protein: 40g
- Net carbs: 5g
How Many Carbs Are In Chicken Caprese?
A serving size comprises a single chicken breast covered in sauce and approximately 1/2 cup of roasted tomatoes coated in glaze. Each portion has 263 calories, 5.6 grams of carbs, and 1.2 grams of fiber. Each portion contains 4.4 nt carbohydrates.
What Is Caprese Chicken Made Of?
No matter how you make it, Caprese chicken, a one-pot chicken supper, feels like the happiest part of summer. This dish for quick chicken will become a regular favorite since it has flavorful balsamic vinegar, creamy mozzarella cheese, juicy tomatoes, and fresh basil leaves.
What Is A Substitute For Mozzarella In Caprese?
Ricotta cheese is not as likely to melt as low-moisture mozzarella, but it is commonly utilized in pizza or pasta dishes to provide a delightful creamy consistency. Additionally, it serves as an excellent replacement for fresh mozzarella in a Caprese salad.
What Is An Interesting Fact About Caprese Salad?
Caprese salad could be traced back to Italy after World War I, according to the first historical report. There was a nationalist Freemason who wanted to make a culinary masterpiece that would truly honor Italy and beautifully show the tricolor. A menu at the famous Hotel Quisisana was the first place where the Caprese salad was mentioned in writing.
How Do You Eat A Caprese?
It is eaten using a fork. Cut a piece of tomato and mozzarella with a fork to consume together in one bite. What goes well with Caprese salad? It goes well with spaghetti, pizza, chicken, and sandwiches.