This dish features juicy chicken chunks, colorful vegetables, and a luscious herb gravy, all nestled under a blanket of golden cheddar biscuits. It’s a hearty and flavorful way to stay warm and cozy on a chilly day, all while staying true to your keto lifestyle.
Cook time: 40 minutes Prep time: 20 minutes Servings: 4
Kitchen Equipment Needed
- Large skillet
- Cutting board and knife
- Mixing Bowls
- Baking Dish
For the filling:
Here are the ingredients
- one tablespoon of olive oil
- one chopped onion
- Two chopped celery stalks
- Two chopped carrots
- One pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- Two minced garlic cloves
- A half teaspoon of dried rosemary
- A quarter cup of chopped fresh parsley
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Half a cup of frozen peas
- A half teaspoon of dried thyme
- One cup of chicken broth
For the gravy:
The following ingredients are required
- A half cup of heavy cream
- One teaspoon of dried thyme
- One-fourth cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Three tablespoons of butter
- One and a half cups of chicken broth
- Three tablespoons of almond flour, and salt and pepper to taste.
For the biscuits:
- One-half teaspoon of baking powder
- One and a half cups of almond flour
- One-fourth of a cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- One-fourth of a teaspoon of salt
- One-fourth of a teaspoon of baking soda
- A quarter of a cup of heavy cream six tablespoons of chilled, unsalted cubed butter
- To begin, preheat the oven to a temperature of 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius).
- In a large skillet, bring the olive oil to a temperature of medium heating. Add celery, carrots, and onion to the oil and cook for five minutes.
- Then add garlic, and continue to cook for an additional minute.
- Stir the chicken with salt, rosemary, thyme, and pepper and cook it until it is browned on all sides.
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil after adding it to the pot. On low heat, cook the chicken for fifteen minutes, or until it reaches the desired level of doneness.
- Take the peas and parsley and stir them.
- In order to make the gravy, use a pot and melt the butter over medium heat. Once the almond flour has been whisked in, continue cooking for one minute.
- Blend in the heavy cream and chicken broth in a slow and steady manner. While whisking frequently, bring to a simmer and continue cooking for five minutes, or until the mixture has thickened.
- Stir the salt, pepper, thyme, and Parmesan cheese before serving.
- To prepare the biscuits, put the baking soda, salt, parmesan cheese, and almond flour into a mixing bowl. Mix until everything is evenly distributed.
- Incorporate the chilled butter into the dough by cutting it in with a pastry cutter or your hands until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- After adding the heavy cream, whisk the mixture until a dough is formed.
- First, divide the dough into four equal pieces, and then roll it out into flat circles.
- Place the chicken mixture in a baking dish and set it in the oven. Put the biscuits on top, making sure they are evenly spaced.
- To ensure that the filling is bubbling and the biscuits are golden brown, bake them for twenty to twenty-five minutes.
- Calories: 550
- Fat: 40g
- Protein: 45g
- Carbs: 5g (net)
- You can use pre-chopped vegetables to save time.
- If you don’t have almond flour, you can use coconut flour or ground pork rinds.
- For a richer flavor, use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts.
- Serve this pot pie with a side of your favorite low-carb vegetables, such as roasted Brussels sprouts or green beans.
Is Chicken Pot Pie Good For A Diet?
It is preferable to choose homemade versions that are loaded with lean protein and vegetables, as moderation is the key. A chicken pot pie made with substandard, stale ingredients is more detrimental to one’s health than one prepared with premium, fresh ingredients. In general, frozen varieties are rich in sodium and lipids.
What’s The Difference Between Chicken Pie And Chicken Pot Pie?
A pot pie is just a certain kind of pie. So, we can say that pot pies are not the same as other pies. There are savory meat pies made in a shell with a top and bottom crust in the United States and Canada. These pies are called “pot pies.
Is Cheese And Biscuits Unhealthy?
Cheese biscuits might taste good for breakfast, but they’re not usually thought of as a healthy choice because they are high in calories, salt, and saturated fat.